Okay, okay so this is like a day late… I have problems having two posts on the same day. I know I’m weird! But whatever, here’s my overview for the month! This month had some collection completing and my birthday, so no doubt my backlog got even more bloated than before… and as usual, I grab my stats from my Backloggery page. Away we go!
ANY NEW GAMES?
Of course! I got Tales of Destiny (talking swords!) and Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Isbelle!) for my birthday. Also, I’m rounding out my Gamecube collection, so I now have Custom Robo (tiny robots!) and Viewtiful Joe 2 (Move on!) as well. Other than that, I grabbed Mass Effect 3 (only eight bucks!), Fishing Girl (fishing!), Escape Goat (now with scapegoats!), Lego Lord of the Rings (I bet my blocks you shall not pass!), and Yoshi (thirty cents!). Finally, I got a review copy of Bugs Vs. Tanks.
Compared to a lot of months, that’s actually pretty light. Not bad, me!
WHAT’D YOU BEAT?
A couple things…
- Persona 4 Arena (6-01) – To be honest, didn’t enjoy this as much as I thought I would. The overlapping story thing made most of Story Mode a little too repetitive. Not bad overall though.
- Crimson Shroud (6-03) – Great little game. A little on the hard side, but the atmosphere and story are top-notch. I really have to do the new game+!
- Code of Princess (6-12) – Alright. I felt I sort of ‘broke’ the game by having Solange have massive strength, but it was pretty fun for the most part. The plot was laughingly bad, though.
- The Legend of Dragoon (6/23) – Oh, what a remake could do for this game. Since it was the second game I beat for the Summer Gaming Challenge, you can check out my full thoughts here.
- Bugs Vs. Tanks! (6/27) – I got about what I expected out of it. When the official review is posted, I’ll make a link here.
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (6/28) – I loved the setting, but it felt like there were just too many shooting sequences. It was part of the A-Z Marathon, so when I finish that post, I’ll put the link here.
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (6/28) – I certainly don’t dislike it like I did Kirby Mass Attack, but it wasn’t very fun to play. Game 3 for the Summer Gaming Challenge, you can read a bit more about my thoughts here.
Whew! Eight games this month… not too bad, especially with the addictive-ness of New Leaf looming over me most of the month!
ANY OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS?
Well, let’s see… I made good progress in the Summer Gaming Challenge, knocking out two games, and a bit of progress in the A-Z Marathon, getting rid of one of the three remaining titles. However, with the A-Z ending at the end of July, and Summer Gaming at the end of August, I’ll have to step it up a bit! Oh, and beating The Legend of Dragoon marks my first beat for the Console Elimination Round… that would have brought my count down to 11, but buying Tales of Destiny brought it back up to 12, so I didn’t really make much progress there.
As for Game Podunk, a couple of my articles went live this month, check them out: Memory Lane: The Biggest June Releases Throughout the Years, 7 Completely Free Video game Albums from May 2013, Review: Strike Suit Infinity, and Review: Publisher Dream. I still have plenty of stuff in the works too, so look forward to more random articles from me.
For The Dusty Corner… well… I didn’t do anything. Getting game progress done is keeping me busy! Hopefully I’ll still pump out one blog post for there, though.
I suppose I’ve also made a fair bit of progress in New Leaf. I have a second floor and a bunch of fruits! I also got that Reset Center up and running… and god knows how many random screenshots. It’s a lot of fun, and thankfully I only play in small bursts so that I don’t get burnt out, but man it’s gonna take forever to get the ultimate town…
That’s all for this month! Next month will have… well, probably a metric ton of summer sales, so my wallet’s going to be crying. See you then!