It’s time of the year again! Summertime is almost upon us, so that means it’s time for me to participate in my Summer Gaming Challenge. It’s run every year by members at Racketboy, and the point is to pick ten games that are considered classics and play through them. A great concept, and the summer is the best time for most to play, due to being out of school and the weather making it so that you don’t want to go outside.
While I’m not participating in the thread talking itself (I can’t remember my username!), I’m still playing in spirit here. Just like last year, I’ll post my list here, and every time I beat a game, I’ll write a bit about it and update the links here. Last year I beat five out of the ten chosen… hopefully I’ll do better this year!
Also, I’m doing something special this year… my list is split between PS1 and Wii games exclusively. Why? Well, I have plenty of PS1 games that are considered classics (and it’ll help with my Console Elimination Round), and my Wii library is terribly neglected and contains a fair amount of retro and modern classics. So, here’s my list!
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Kirby’s Dream Collection; Wii) [Info] [Post]
- Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) [Info]
- Klonoa (Wii) [Info] [First Impressions] [Post]
- Pikmin (New Play Control; Wii) [Info]
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) [Info]
- Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1) [Info]
- The Legend of Dragoon (PS1) [Info] [Post]
- Mega Man Legends 2 (PS1) [Info]
- Parasite Eve (PS1) [Info]
- Tales of Destiny (PS1) [Info]
I’m starting a little early this year (since I have the time to play games now), but my end date will be the same as last year: August 31st will be the final day, and the end of the summer for me! Let’s see how far I get.