Summer’s over, thank goodness! It’ll stop being 100 degrees everyday (unless it’s like last year… then that won’t happen until October…), holidays are coming up, and the year’s inching closer to being over. Oh, you’re wondering about my gaming stuff, I’m sure. Here we go, a day early no less… and remember, I grab this information from my Backloggery page!
Any new games?
As if I’d go a month without buying something. Compared to last month, though, there isn’t much. In order, I picked up Makai Kingdom (talking books!), Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (series killer!), Rhythm Heaven (tapping!), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Best Buy sales!), Samurai Legend Musashi (misguided sequels!), The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (talking hats!), Driver: San Francisco (I don’t even know!), Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure (steal the beat!), Hyperdimension Neptunia MKII (parodies!), Breath of Fire III (European PSP games!), The Last Story (it’s about time!), and The Adventure of Shuggy (it’s a game!).
It’s definitely not as big as last month, but still a lot of games. Now…
What did you beat?
Uh… well, it’s more than last month.
- Psychonauts (8-03) – This was a Summer Challenge game, so here’s my post about it!
- Analogue: A Hate Story (8-03) – I actually wrote a review of sorts for this on another site, so there that is!
- Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (8-21)- Another Summer Challenge game, another link to a post!
- Muv-Luv Extra (8-26) – The first visual novel in the Muv-Luv series… is really bland. It’s supposed to be that way, giving a very different feel from the other two, but it was sort of boring. It brings me closer to the awesome-ness that will be Muv-Luv Alternative, though, so it’s worth it.
- Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure (8-28) – Fun little game. The plot (yes, a plot in a rhythm game!) is wacky and insane, and most of the stages are fun, though some of the stages can get annoying (mainly the ones that involves tilting the 3DS). The music is well composed and fitting, as well.
Most of the month went to trying to beat DQVI, but it’s no excuse! Hopefully next month I’ll have a more impressive list.
Any other accomplishments?
This marks the end of my Summer Gaming Challenge… I managed to beat five out the ten games this year, which is far better than I can say for when I tried last year. I’ll be starting a new marathon next month, which is why this is a day early… you’ll see soon!
Also, I started up a blog on the gaming website GamePodunk, called The Dusty Corner, and you get get a link to it in my sidebar, if you’re interested. The only post I put up this month was my review of Analogue, but I’ll be posting there every once and a while, so keep a lookout!
That’s all for August! September has me starting a new marathon, and the awesome Kirby Collection coming out! See you then!