This year, I will be unofficially participating in Racketboy’s Summer Gaming Challenge. I say unofficially because I do not post on the site very often, so I didn’t really sign up there, but I’m still following the rules and whatnot.
Anyway, the Summer Gaming Challenge is when you pick ten games that you have and haven’t played through that are considered classics, and… well, play through them, trying to beat them all by the end of the summer. For me, the end of the summer is August 31st.
The ten games are below. I honestly found it a bit hard to categorize a lot of my games as ‘classics’, since I unfortunately don’t own a ton of retro games, and most of the ‘retro’ selections are in fact remakes… but I found some, and I have some unplayed ‘hidden gems’ and ‘modern classics’ as well, so my list is a little different from the norm. When I finish a game, I’ll write a lovely blog post about it, too, and link it here. Here’s the list… let’s see how many I can beat by the end of August!
- SkyGunner (PS2) [Info] [Post]
- Beyond Good & Evil HD (XBLA) [Info]
- Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelations (NDS) [Info] [Post]
- Psychonauts (Steam) [Info] [Post]
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) [Info] [Post]
- Mother 3 (GBA) [Info]
- Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1) [Info]
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (PS3) [Info]
- Gradius (PSP) [Info]
- Shining Force (360) [Info] [First Impression] [Post]